Episode 10: Angry Avians (using the iPad for work)Posted: August 21, 2011
We discuss how we use our iPads for work and how tablets can make us more productive.
Safari on the iPad would almost be worth the price of admission alone. It’s a really great app. So are Mail and iCal. We don’t discuss this built in apps, however, and instead focus on some of the really strong third-party apps that help us be more productive.
Here are some of the applications we talk about:
- Omnioutliner — A great outlining program, especially helpful in meetings.
- Omnifocus — A GTD, task management program. Built for David Allen’s system. Very handy for staying on top of multiple projects at once.
- Reeder — The best RSS program around, complete with great social media and Instapaper integration.
- Instapaper — If you love to read and reading is an important part of your job, you need Instapaper ASAP.
- Twitterific — Our favorite Twitter app.
- Kindle/iBooks — Great for reading books, papers and reports.
- TripIt — Your travel companion.
- Pages — Word processing on the go. Not bad for taking notes in meetings either.
- Numbers — Spreadsheets on the go, also helpful for being able to view spreadsheets in meetings.
- Keynote — Presentations on the go.
- WordPress — Post to WordPress blogs, such as this site. Works better than logging in through the Web.
Listen to this week’s show: